Monday, July 15, 2013

Mom To Mom - Table Talk



I am a busy mother of four children (ranging from 5 weeks old to 9 years old). Between homeschooling, Girl Scouts, running club, church activities, keeping up with the multiple loads of laundry, and making sure I feed my family I don't have much time for myself. 
I came to the realization that it is important for mothers to take care of themselves. As mothers, we are so devoted to our children and all of the activities that they have going on that we sometimes forget to take care of ourselves! It is important to take a little bit of time to pamper ourselves, or just recharge our mom-batteries! I often beat myself up over taking a few minutes to apply makeup or do my hair. 
My mom-brain says its selfish to take that time away from my children or I don't really NEED to do my hair, there are a million other things that need to be done. But the reality is; I feel better when I take a few minutes of me time, I interact better with my kids, and they never even notice that I'm doing something for myself! I painted my nails. It may not be a full makeover, but it reminds me that I am important!
Stephanie California Young Mother of the Year 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment