Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mom To Mom ... Table Talk


As we sat down to dinner tonight, the conversation lagged.  So, I threw out "the question of they day."  This gives us to have a topic discussion where we practice listening and sharing.  Our question tonight was as follows: What was something that your mom did, when you were younger, to make you feel loved."  For my kids, they had to share how they know I love them(they're little).  

I thought I knew the answers coming...clean laundry, clean house, gifts for christmas or birthdays, but no.  None of those were mentioned.  

The answers from grown men in the group you ask?  My mom drove me around to all of the things that I needed.  She was there.  Another one commented that his mom wrote notes on his brown paper bag.  He said they weren't just little phrases, but specifics about what she admired in him.  She also made him give her morning hugs.  Another commented that his mom made him yummy mexican food.  He felt so special when she made his favorite dish. My son said that he knew I loved him because I gave him hugs.  I remember that my mom was at my sporting events.  She sacrificed so that I could take piano lessons. 

None of us commented on a clean house, or the laundry folded just so.  Looking back, we all agreed that it was the little things. 
by Sara... Young Mother of the Year 2010

1 comment:

  1. Sara, I love your blog. What a great reminder of what is important!
    Renee Starr

    ReplyDelete