Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mom To Mom... Table Talk

My two youngest (5 weeks and almost 2) and I were sick. After a long night of being up with the baby, I was exhausted. I was laying in bed feeding the baby and my toddler was climbing all over us needing some mommy-time. Both boys started crying. After the baby took a few knees and elbows, I put the toddler in the hallway and closed my bedroom door. He dropped on the floor in front of my door and cried. I felt so helpless! How could I take care of both of my sick boys and my two older girls while feeling terrible myself? I'm so grateful for my two daughters who saw a need and stepped up without even being asked! Sarah (7) took her crying younger brother into her room and played with him. Autumn (9) emptied the dishwasher and washed dishes left over from breakfast.

Being a mom is not always flowers and sunshine. But watching and listening to my girls step up and take care of things reminded me that being a positive example is imperative. I'd like to think that my daughters knew what to do because they've watched and learned from me, but I'm not sure that's true. Women are born with the compassion and desire to care for others, and that is what I witnessed. I'm eager and excited to watch my girls grow up and become mothers, they will do such a great job! But in the meantime I'll try to teach them everything I know and nurture the womanly traits they were born with.

From Stephanie... Young Mother of the Year 2013

1 comment:

  1. I'll be joining you in the newborn world soon, Stephanie!! Darcy

    ReplyDelete