Monday, July 29, 2013

Mom To Mom ... Table Talk


“How will I ever love another child? I love Alicia more than anyone else in the world.”  This was the question that I asked myself at age 22 when I found out that I was pregnant with my second child, Brandon.   How our first child even survived the googolplex of kisses that I planted on her is a mystery to me.  Experiencing the love I had as a new mother gave me a pounding heart and a depth of feeling that I had never felt before.  Thirty seven years later at the age of 59 I remember those feelings with fondness and now have a greater understanding of how broad and vast our ability to love is.

Grandchildren, another new feeling of love!  I’m experiencing a crazy, out-of-control loving feeling for my grandchildren!  How can this be possible?  What an amazing feeling?  My heart is pounding again! It’s hard to believe that our fourteenth grandchild will be born within the next two weeks.  Our quiver is already full of grandchildren, but I can guarantee that we will find room for this next child and many more that we hope to be blessed with.   I love being in love with them.  And would you believe that all 6 children, foster children and thirteen (so far) grandchildren have endured all of those kisses?  What is a googolplex times 24 children?  It doesn’t get much better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great grandchildren?  My lips are puckered and my heart is pounding already!

Renee Starr, California Mother of the Year 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment